Yosemite National Park Workshop
February 15-20, 2019
Class size: SOLD OUT
If you haven’t experienced one of America’s greatest and most beautiful national parks, Yosemite, those who have already been will ask you what are you waiting for?! Come join me for five amazing days in Yosemite’s valley as we photograph this stunning landscape in her winter attire. Our days will be full of shooting, editing, and exploring. My workshops do not have a set itinerary because we follow the light, clouds, and mold our images to whatever conditions mother nature has in store for us. Yosemite is a magical place at any time of the year, but in winter the crowds are gone, the peacefulness is back, and the snow-capped mountains create a photographers paradise. The waterfalls are not raging, but the scenes are without a doubt just as stunning. With a bit of luck, we may even encounter a snowfall in the valley that will make you feel as if you are standing in Narnia. We will also be visiting Yosemite during the famous “Firefall,” a moment that only happens in mid-February.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create compelling landscape compositions.
- How to use your camera to its fullest capabilities.
- How to utilize a variety of lenses to think “outside the box.”
- An understanding for light and how to take advantage of it in all conditions.
- How to photograph the night sky and create star trails.
- The basics of Lightroom and Photoshop.
- An introduction to black and white photography.
- How to create motion blur in waterfalls and clouds.
- How to buy Red Bulls because you will need them and much, much more.
What You Will Need:
- A DSLR camera body and an assortment of lenses. A wide angle is highly recommended as well as a zoom lens.
- A sturdy tripod.
- An intervalometer (a cheap one off of Amazon will work just fine).
- A headlamp or flashlight.
- At least the trial version of Lightroom or Photoshop on your laptop.
- Multiple batteries.
- A desire to learn, have fun, be flexible, and explore nature!
- Note: a 10 or 6 stop neutral density filter for your wide angle is recommended, but not required.
What's Not Included:
- Airfare to San Francisco.
- Transportation to Yosemite National Park.
- Meals & beverages.
- Park entrance fee.
- Accommodations based upon double occupancy (single occupancy available for a fee).
- Transportation within the workshop.
- Access to my brain 24/7.
- Farewell dinner.
We will have one or two small hikes about 1.5 miles in distance one way. These may include some small to moderate inclines. Hikes will always be taken at a slow and enjoyable pace. Please know your limitations. If you feel a hike may not be for you, I will gladly give you another shooting location to visit during our outing.